195 (Grimsby) Squadron was formed as part of the Air Defence Cadet Corps on the 28th February 1940. On the 5th February 1941 the Air Defence Cadet Corps became the Air Training Corps; the aim of this organisation was to provide training for young men in preparation for service within the Royal Air Force or Fleet Air Arm.
Originally Grimsby had two ATC squadrons 195, based in Silver Street, and 1914 Squadron, based at Nunsthorpe School. Between 1946 and 1947 the two squadrons were amalgamated to create 195 (Grimsby) squadron which then relocated to Macaulay Street School.
Later the squadron moved temporarily to Augusta Street Army Barracks before moving to Waltham Airfield, which was then RAF Grimsby. Housed in "K" Block this was when the squadron acquired a 1943 Singer Miles Link Trainer, which the squadron still owns. This Instrument Trainer is currently one of only a handful still working in the UK today. When Waltham Airfield was closed in 1955 the squadron was moved complete with Link Trainer to the Builders School in Albert Street.
In 1959 we moved to our present location which was a new purpose built headquarters behind the Westward Ho TA Centre on Regents Gardens. Since then the building has tripled in size to accommodate what has become one of the largest squadrons in the Trent Wing Area.